The Eastern Townships School Board offers your child the advantage of a bilingual environment, plus...
A personalized educational approach supported by the integration of technology is accessible to all!
Early intervention programs to ensure your child will have every opportunity for success!
Specialized programs in our high schools offer each student the opportunity to shine!
From January 24th to February 4th ,
it's time to register!
Contact your nearest Eastern Townships School Board school to schedule an appointment!
To find out if your child is eligible to attend an English school and/or to register them for school, contact the school closest to you of the Eastern Townships School Board, fill out the contact form or contact us either by phone at 819-868-3100, ext. 55013 or by e-mail at
DOCUMENTS NEEDED FOR REGISTRATION
A Certificate of Eligibility to English School.
- If you don’t have one for your child, you must apply for one. NOTE: In order to qualify for one, you must meet certain eligibility criteria under the Charter of the French Language as set out by the Quebec Government (see list of criteria A to H listed below):
Your Child’s Birth Certificate, with the names of BOTH PARENTS.
- If you don’t have one at the time of registration, you will need to order one. Here is the link to order one if your child was born in QUEBEC: http://www.etatcivil.gouv.qc.ca/en/forms-publications.html
- If your child was born in Canada, you must contact the provincial authorities of the province your child was born in. Here are some of the sites elsewhere in Canada:
- If the child was born OUTSIDE CANADA, you must submit an OFFICIAL TRANSLATION in English or in French. You must also bring the original birth certificate in the official language it was prepared in.
Proof of Canadian Citizenship of the parent who received English education in Canada (except for Criteria E, F, G, H – see paragraphs below for details):
- A valid Canadian Passport;
- A Birth Certificate (long or short version is acceptable);
- Proof of Quebec Residency, such as:
- Valid Driver’s license;
- Quebec Child tax benefit statement;
- Income Tax Return Quebec Revenue;
- Other document issued by a Quebec government agency;
- Lease, House Deed.
CRITERIA FOR A CERTIFICATE OF ELIGIBILITY to ENGLISH SCHOOL
If you meet ONE of the following, you can apply for a certificate of eligibility to English School and attend one of our schools!
If you have more than one child and that one child has eligibility to English School, his or her siblings will also receive eligibility. Certain conditions apply in terms of blended families; see our Questions & Answers for more details on such cases.
NOTE that a certificate of Eligibility doesn’t expire EXCEPT in the case of those issued for temporary stays in Quebec and for children who were granted eligibility because one of his/her parents was in the Canadian Armed Forces.