To parents of students of the Eastern Townships School Board attending Alexander Galt Regional High School, Lennoxville Elementary and students attending the New Horizons Adult Education Centre.
Delays in service due to the partial and full closure of the Lennoxville Bridge (in front of Bishop’s University) from May 7th until the end of June, 2018.
Dear Parents & Students,
As you may have heard in the news, the bridge on College street in the borough of Lennoxville will be closed to one lane as of May 7th and closed completely as of May 21st until the end of June, 2018.
If your child’s school bus route to and from school currently involves crossing over this bridge, as of Monday May 7th there will be unavoidable delays on their bus route.
Morning commute to school:
- For students attending Lennoxville Elementary, your child may arrive later than usual at school. This delay is expected by the school staff and the school will adjust accordingly;
- For students attending Alexander Galt Regional High School (GALT), delays will occur and are expected by the school staff and the school will adjust accordingly. For those students writing a Ministry or local school exam during this period, the school board has made arrangements to accommodate this and students will not be penalized;
- For students attending New Horizons with transportation from GALT, you will arrive at the centre later than usual. The centre staff are aware and will adjust accordingly.
Afternoon commute for the return home:
- For students attending Lennoxville Elementary that have a bus transfer at GALT, there will be a delay of approximately 25 minutes for their return home;
- For students attending GALT whose bus route normally takes them across the bridge, there will be a delay of approximately 25 minutes for their return home; *
- New Horizons Students with transportation from GALT will also have a delay of approximately 25 minutes for their return home.
*GALT students whose bus route does not normally go through the borough of Lennoxville are scheduled to be running on time.
The school board is concerned about this situation, but unfortunately it is completely out of our control. Rest assured that our bus drivers and the transportation department will do their utmost to minimize the delay and ensure the safe transport of all students to and from school.
We thank you for your understanding in this matter and count on your collaboration in this situation.
Coordinator of Transportation Services